Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day in Logan

So this summer has been a little bit of a bummer since we weren't able to take a vacation. Dustin was in school and working full time and I was working full time so it made it a little difficult. So we were really excited when Dustin's friend Justin invited us to go to his grandparents house up in Logan, Utah. (For those of you who aren't familiar with Utah it's about 2 1/2 hours north of Provo) Not too far, but far enough away :) So Dustin and I went up with our friends Justin, Linda, and Peter. We left Sunday afternoon. No one had eaten all day so we stopped at a Wendy's... BAAAAD DECISION!!! So yes I know Wendy's isn't the greatest place to begin with, but this had to be the worst Wendy's ever.

We got to the house and it was so pretty. I loved it. Here's a picture...




This picture doesn't even get the whole thing and the inside was decorated so great. I couldn't believe I was in a grandparents' house. They even had a movie theater in the basement. They also had a pool and the boys had a blast playing and betting with each other. My husband dominated :)


The boys being boys....



We drove past the Logan Temple, the gates were closed or else we would have gotten closer. I think the Logan Temple is one of the most beautiful temples. I just love it!


We didn't do a whole lot, but it was a really nice, much needed trip. Especially with Dustin starting school again tomorrow. Good luck hun! I hope this semester is great for you!

5 comments:

Elyse Dial said...

logan temple is so pretty! i agree. and yay for blogs! :)

Justin,Kaylynn,Craig said...

Yay for vacations!! The Logan temple is so beautiful!!

Whitezell's said...

Hey, how fun you guys have a blog now too. Now we can check in on you guys. Wish we could have seen you guys more in utah, but it was a little crazy. Oh well we will see you guys at christmas. I don't update mine as much as i should but i try. Have a good week.Love dustins favorite sister and your favorite sister in law Lindsay

Peter FNFN said...

my parents were married here. i think you forgot to mention that!

p.s. you mentioned dustin dominating me in pool - but I JACKED YALL in BOWLING!!!
and we all know bowling is more american than pool!

Chance and Sarah said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. I really enjoy making all this fun stuff. Let me know if you want something done. Isn't it so fun to have Justin back. I missed him so much.