Sunday, October 19, 2008

So since everyone else is having a baby...

We decided to get one of our own. But in our own way. I swear it feels like everyone I know is pregnant or just had a baby. And since Dustin and I aren't ready to have kids yet we decided to get the next best thing... no not a dog (Dustin won't let me have one yet), but A BRAND NEW CAR! Yes, we took the plunge into adulthood and bought our first car. We bought an 09 Toyota Corolla and I absolutely LOVE it!



Not only does it look great, but it gets great gas millage, which is pretty much what sold Dustin since we will be using it to travel. It is also exactly the way we wanted it. We really wanted a white car, easier to keep clean, and we really wanted black interior, which it has. And it's the "S" model which was what Dustin wanted. So pretty much perfect for us. I have to admit it was kind of scary since it was such a big purchase, but we did it and there's no buyers remorse yet!!! Except I didn't appreciate Dustin's first comment when we got home about how we have debt now and how much it is. Not nice! Even though I don't really like to admit it, I probably will miss our Ford Fusion. It was a good car and it was the car Dustin and I made our first memories in... first dates, road trips to meet our families, ect.

We will still have it until we or someone else can take it back to California to be turned it (it was a lease) So I guess I'll have a little while to actually appreciate the Fusion a little more... especially the not having a payment part!

4 comments:

Peter FNFN said...

roadtrip to Cali for thanksgiving anyone?

Chase & Chelsea Corley said...

HOW FUN! I am so jealous! I LOVE the new car! Chase and I plan on getting one of those before we have kids. We two aren't ready for a little one yet :)

Kim Simpson said...

Apparently jared has rubbed off on dustin a little. Jared has buyers remorse over everything. Literally.

Kate Call said...

hey rachel!! i saw your blog on crystals!! i love that you finally started one!! it look like you have had it for a couple of months now, i just didn't notice until now! it will be fun to keep up on what you guys are doing!
love the new car... isn't it so fun to get a new car.. the best feeling.. until the payment comes right??!! but still worth it! keep in touch for sure