Friday, January 9, 2009

There's No Place Like Home For the Holidays...

And we were lucky enough to spend the Holidays with both of our families. My job was nice enough to let me off for two weeks so Dustin and I got to escape the cold and see our families! We spent the first week in Bakersfield. We had a blast shopping in LA, having dinner with family, making cookies for Santa, watching Chloe dance, watching the kids open up there presents, watching movies, and just spending time with Dustin's family. It was so great.

Playing Candy Land with Tanner and Chloe... aka spiderman and the princess.


She wouldn't smile because Dustin was taking the picture. She kept us laughing the entire time!

Then we spent the next week in Mesa. There we enjoyed warm weather (like 70 degrees), watching more movies (Marley and Me is amazing by the way. Highly recommend it!), shopping (mostly Rachel), going to the HUGE PGA Tour Store, golfing (Dustin), eating at Tia Rosas (my favorite restaurant EVER!), and again just being with family. We could not be more thankful for both of our families. They are so amazing and we had a blast with everyone. We wish we could see them more often.

Temple Lights!I took my mom to eat Sushi for her first time and it was seriously the BEST sushi I've ever had!


Dinner at Tia Rosas. I miss the fish and shrimp tacos already :(

PS My new years resolution is to take more pictures while we're with family. As you can see I'm not very good at having my camera on me and then using it. Hopefully I'll get better at that soon.

2 comments:

Kate Call said...

i have to agree 100%.. there is no place like home for the holidays. and i couldn't be more jealous you got to go to cali for christmas.. what am i doing in utah?? i hate the cold! glad to hear you had a great holiday season!

Kim Simpson said...

One of these days we will get to see you guys. Glad you had a fun holiday though.