Monday, November 10, 2008

My nightmare!!!

This last Saturday I had one of the WORST things happen!!! (Maybe a slight exaggeration, but at the time it sure felt like it) So Saturday morning I woke up and was getting ready for the gym while Dustin got ready for work. I went to put on my wedding ring (I don't sleep in it because it's said it gets bumped and can move the diamonds in your ring and cause them to fall out) and I dropped it on my tile floor in the bathroom. So I bent down to pick it up, no big deal right? WRONG!!! When I looked at my ring I saw that one the diamonds in my band was missing! I couldn't believe it. I have always tried to do everything possible to protect my ring... not sleep in it, not put it in water, not wear it while I clean, EVERYTHING! I said a choice word and Dustin came in and asked what happened. I was so afraid to tell him, but I didn't know what to do. So I told him and we both dropped to our knees and started searching for a little while. For those of you that haven't seen our bathroom, that is where our washer and dryer are. This made me very scared that it flew under there where I would have a very difficult time reaching. Dustin had to leave for work and once he did I lost it. I started balling and didn't know what to do. So I prayed and prayed and prayed!!! Then I called my mom and tried, through hysterical sobs, to tell her what happened. She tried to calm me down, but it wasn't working so well. I continued to look with no success. So I called Dustin and begged him to come home and help me, which he did. Then, after over an hour of searching, by some kind of miracle I looked where I had looked many times before and there was the diamond. I cannot tell you how relieved I felt!!! I could not have handled looking at my ring with a diamond missing (we could not afford to replace it being poor college students) I was so so so thankful my prayer was answered!

Now I am without my ring while it is being sent out to have the diamond set back in place. I am very sad to not have it, but so glad the diamond was not lost! Now Dustin wants to get me just a band to wear during the day and just use my actual ring for going out, church, and special occasions. While I am sad to not be able to wear it all the time, I guess it's worth having nothing happen to it ever again!

8 comments:

Peter FNFN said...

watch out rachel.... that's one step to Dustin taking over your entire life, removing your rights, and possibly even locking you in the house. it's a slippery slope - and you just got in line!

Spencer and Aly said...

oh my gosh how scary! one time i woke up and couldnt find my ring anywhere, turns out i slept with it in the box in my bed. it was terrifying.

Kate Call said...

i feel for ya TOTALLY!! i dont' know if you remember me telling me horror stories about my first ring.. but it really was a nightmare.. i lost like 6 diamonds before we just returned the whole thing and got the one i have now! so sorry to hear about that! i hate being without my ring too.. hope you get it back soon!

nolongerablog said...

holy goodness that would freak me out too... looks like you guys have been having fun!!! new car! always fun. yes the baby bug is in the water!!!! thank goodness i drink pepsi! Halloween looked fun as well. what are you guys doing for turkey day?? it would be fun for you guys to come ddown so we can get to know your hubby more. :) well hope all is well....

Kim Simpson said...

At this point in dustin's life he should be used to searching for lost things. My mom has a nasty habit of throwing everything and I mean everything. Money, homework, letters, checks, and eventually her own wedding ring. Behind a washer and dryer is nothing. We are used to digging through the garbage. Come on dustin you should have finding things down to a science.

nolongerablog said...

oh my, yes the orgasmic yams!!! you know i didnt even try them! i hate yams orgasms or not. :) lol im going to have to remember that one. for sure we will have to all get together and do a fun dinner with all us young couples.

Unknown said...

Hey it is so good to hear from you. I found your blog on your facebook. I look at the blogs alot more than facebook so its good to see you have a blog too. You can check my blog out to if you would like.

Kenyon said...

How scary! Im glad you found it. I actually LOST my wedding ring in our 3rd yr of marriage. I was devastated. Rob got me one the next yr but its never the same as the one they proposed with :( I hope life is treating you well...it sure looks like it is :)