Sunday, November 30, 2008

So Thankful

Thanksgiving didn't used to be one of my favorite holidays until I went away to school. Any reason to see my family became a favorite holiday to me. Last year Dustin and I weren't able to go anywhere for Thanksgiving because of work so my family was able to come up here. We were in the same situation this year as well. Since Dustin works for a cell phone company Black Friday is of course a huge day and he couldn't get it off. My family was trying to decide if they would be able to make it up this year. I was getting so worried they wouldn't be able to come up. The day before Thanksgiving I got one of the best texts EVER! It came at 5 AM from my mom saying "we're coming!!!" My mom decided Wed morning at 5:00 that they were going to come. She woke everyone up, had them pack their own stuff and were on the road. For anyone that knows my mom this is NOTHING like her. She is always so organized, especially when traveling. My mom usually has the car packed the day before all ready to go. I was so thankful they were coming. It was a great Thanksgiving. I got to help my mom make the entire meal... which was amazing. My mom is a really good cook. It was so nice to have my family here. They all stayed in our apartment. It was a tight squeeze, but so much fun. We took some pictures while they were here... however they are missing my brother Brice and Dustin :(





I am so thankful for such a great family and husband. I'm sad we couldn't share it with Dustin's family too, but we are excited to see them at Christmas.

6 comments:

Whitezell's said...

Im glad you guys got to be with your family on Thanksgiving. No fun to be alone on the holidays. Can't wait to see you guys at christmas.

Kate Call said...

love love love the family pictures! what a cute lil fam you have ! glad to hear you had a good thanksgiving.. isn't this time of year the best!!

Kim Simpson said...

Hopefully we will get to see you guys soon. Glad you got to be with family on the holiday, it makes everything so much better!

Quinn & Dani Gooch said...

Those pictures are sooo cute! Love the one in the leaves. You look gorgeous Rachel! How have you been??

The Williamson's said...

OK you look great!!! But yes lets help each other :) Day one here we go!

Unknown said...

aww I remember last year but can't wait for a couple weeks!